The Legend of Zelda Box Set

The Legend of Zelda Box Set
The manga adapation of the legendary video game series, now available in English for the first time! Become part of the Legend –The Legend of Zelda!

Typically I find that translations available for sale [especially for different audiences] often dampens the enjoyment of the original work due to localisation issues and trying to keep it understandable for the new target audience. Despite that, I bought it [being a Zelda fan]. Although I've only read the first three books so far, the translations are rather nice and jokes have been rather well adapted. I've no qualms at how they condensed the story and removed elements from the games during the adaptation as the mangakas probably had no choice due to the size of each manga. The humour works fine for the target audience and personally, I find it quite enjoyable because the jokes are so obvious and bold.

The character himself receives several overhauls that can only really be summarised with "he talks". If you don't like it like that, it's fine. He becomes a really interesting character like that because no longer does he do whatever you feel like doing, he struggles with himself and why he's doing things sometimes like a normal human [despite the fact that he's ridiculously overpowered].

The parcel however was left outside my door for a day apparently. The corners of the box seems to be damaged. Although that being expected it was also somewhat a disappointment as the box was rather simply made [cardboard]. I guess I'm not too picky.

The Legend of Zelda Box Set