Blue Exorcist, Vol. 1

Blue Exorcist, Vol. 1
I've been a big fan of this series since its initial serialization in Jump Square magazine a few years back, so you can imagine my excitement when I found out that it was being released here - and that Viz was translating it. So I dug in happily, and was quite pleased to find that Viz got it right, and it isn't even apart of their SigIkki line, so no special effort was needed.

The English adaptation was more or less seamless - which was to be expected as this series doesn't really have many cultural notes to explain (it's based more on Western religion/mythology than Eastern religion/mythology), so that probably took a lot of weight from the translators' shoulders. If you're looking for a new series to jump into (no pun intended), and you like stories about demons, this one is most definitely for you. Good job, Viz! Keep it up. And don't let me down!

Blue Exorcist, Vol. 1